Power Failure (Broken Power Seat)
March 20, 2022
Know anyone who doesn't love a power seat in an SUV, a car, truck or van? They're convenient and precise in their adjustments. But when they break, oh, what a pain. Not only is it inconvenient, it may leave your seat position too close to the steering wheel or too far from the pedals. This is a must-fix problem.
There are many things that cause a power seat to fail:
- Seat controls. These are either at the side of the seat or in the door. Both are places that can be exposed to moisture or other contaminants. When the controls stop working, they usually need to be replaced.
- Seat motor. Electric motors are what make a power seat move, and sometimes they fail. Sometimes they just get worked to death and die of old age. Replacement is the most common remedy.
- Fuses. A power seat is, after all, powered by electricity and all vehicle power systems have fuses to protect them. A technician can determine which fuse may have blown and replace it. But it's also important to figure out what caused the fuse to blow and deal with that, too.
- Wires. There are wires under the seats that move when you move the seat. Sometimes they get stretched, kinked or ripped. In a power seat malfunction, it may be a wiring harness that needs to be replaced.
- Gears. They help the seat move and may need to be realigned or replaced.
- Obstructions. Yes, a piece of trash or a kid's toy has been known to jam up the works of a power seat. Taking them out of the mechanism may get your seat working again.
Most people pay extra to have power seats in a vehicle. So make sure you keep that convenient feature working. And don't forget that it's a safety issue, too.
Charlie's Fast Lube Perryville
701 S. Perryville Ave
Perryville, Missouri 63775
More articles from Charlie's Fast Lube Perryville
Battery Replacement at Charlie's Fast Lube Perryville in Perryville
March 19, 2023
Hello, welcome to Charlie's Fast Lube Perryville. Today's focus is batteries. It seems like everything in Perryville runs on batteries. Of course, the batteries we're most concerned with here at Charlie's Fast Lube Perryville are those in our customer's vehicles. Just like the batteries in our s... More
Rear Window?Not the Movie! (Why Some Rear Windows Don't Go All the Way Down)
March 12, 2023
Alfred Hitchcock once made a mystery thriller film called "Rear Window." It had nothing to do with the rear window of today's cars, SUVs, CUVs and light trucks. But there is one thing that some drivers DO find mysterious. Why don't the rear windows in the second row of many of these vehicles go... More
Don't Blow a Gasket! (Valve Cover Gasket Replacement)
March 5, 2023
When you head out to your vehicle after it's been parked and notice oil leaking underneath it, that's something to have looked at right away. Oil leaks mean your oil level is probably low and running a vehicle in that condition can lead to expensive repairs. While there are many reasons oil leak... More